This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Abreva, Clorox, Theraflu and TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #AHealthyHolidays #CollectiveBias
We are so excited about the holiday season and are pulling out all of our festive holiday recipes. Today I’m sharing with you my warm acorn squash and pomegranate salad (below). It is the perfect salad to serve alongside your holiday dinner or as the main course. The acorn squash slowly roasts to give it a soft and tender bite, and the pomegranate seeds add crunch and a sweet and tart flavor. I love serving this salad warm making it perfect for the change of season.
Along with preparing holiday dishes and decorations, we are also preparing to have a healthy holiday season.
There are a few products but I’d like to keep in stock as we head into the colder weather:
- Abreva pump because it delivers the best results at the first sign of a cold sore and because I have them frequently during the colder weather, I make sure to keep it on hand.
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes is a must! I use these year round, but make sure to stock up especially since I have three little ones running around touching everything. I love them because they kill 99.9% of germs* that can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours**. They also kill Staph, E. Coli, Salmonella and Strep. I also use it to clean Emory’s highchair and make sure to rinse it with water after I wipe it all down.
- Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu Syrup because it provides powerful relief without a prescription
- TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Warming Honey Lemon Liquid. I usually take Tylenol capsules, but this warming liquid is so comforting. It also clears nasal congestion, quiets my coughs and relieves minor aches and pains.
Acorn squash and pomegranate salad
- 1- 2 bunches kale, center ribs removed and torn into small pieces (6-8 cups)
- 1 delicata squash, de-seeded and cut into half moons
- arils from one pomegranate (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss delicata squash and sliced onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder, arrange in a single layer on a lined baking sheet, roast for about 15 minutes, or until golden and tender. Set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing
- In a large bowl,add kale, squash, and pomegranate arils. Pour dressing over and toss to fully coat everything in the dressing.
Abreva – Use only as directed. Read and follow label directions. Clorox – Use as directed on hard non-porous surfaces. Theraflu – Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed. TYLENOL® – ® Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2017. Use products only as directed. The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time.
*Influenza A Virus **On hard, non-porous surfaces. See product label for list of organisms.