last week ale was away on a business trip and naturally my kiddo and i started 4 out of the 5 days with a stack of warm buttery pancakes. i don’t know if it was the pregnancy hormones or the fact that i missed him like crazy but a stack of these on my plate made me feel so much better.
gracie loved them too! there were a couple of times where i caught her tilting her plate and drinking what was left of the maple syrup… ha!
this recipe makes a fairly small batch… you can double or triple the recipe depending on how many pancakes your heart desires. this made enough for grace and i to have a few (about 3) each (not counting the first one that was burnt and tossed).
1.5 cups of flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1.5 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of milk
3 tablespoons of melted butter
1 mashed banana
super easy directions
1. in a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients
2. in a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients
3. mix well and let rest for about 2 minutes (add more milk if you want it a bit thinner)
4. set the griddle on medium heat and add a pat of butter
5. pour the batter with a big serving spoon and flip when you see the top of the pancake full of bubbles
6. serve warm with maple syrup and a pat of butter